Star Citizen Issue Council Search Tool
This tool will download a local copy of the Star Citizen issue council database and provides responsive fuzzy search capabilities.
To avoid placing excessive load on CIG's servers the tool will connect to an intermediate caching service.
This tool is not endorsed by Cloud Imperium Games and all issue council data remains the property of Roberts Space Industries Corp.
I would like to thank CIG for granting permission to run this service and those members of the community that helped to test beta versions of this application
Installation (Version 1.15)
Download the zip file below and extract to a location of your choosing. Then run SCIssueCouncil.exe
This application requires access to IP 18.104.22.168 and TCP ports 15005 and 15006.
If you are updating from a previous version you can simply copy the new files over the top of the existing installation to avoid redownloading the issue council data.
Download Issue Council Search Tool
For contact information please view the Help > About dialog in the tool.
In the unlikely event you've enjoyed this tool but don't have a Star Citizen account then you can sign up at the Star Citizen Website. If you use referral code STAR-RXM3-HSY9 you get 5000 extra UEC (in-game currency) and I may at some point get a bonus if you buy a package. Thanks!
Version 1.6 - 29th June 2018
Version 1.7 - 30th June 2018
- Added a keep alive message sent once per minute to avoid timeouts.
- By default "a or b and c" will be interpreted as "a or (b and c)", this can now be overridden by supplying brackets manually.
- If any brackets are provided then none will be inserted automatically anywhere in the expression.
Version 1.8 - 1st July 2018
- New bookmarks feature. Bookmarks are pinned to the top of the list, even if they do not match the current search. This can be disabled from the Options menu.
- Updated the tab order.
- With the search text box highlighted the issue list can be navigated using Up Arrow, Down Arrow, Page Up and Page Down.
- With the search text box highlighted the enter key will open the Issue Council at the currently selected issue.
- The following shortcuts are available
- Alt+B - Add/Remove Bookmark for selected issue
- Alt+I - Open the currently selected issue in the Issue Council
- Alt+G - Get the latest information for the selected issue from the Issue Council
Version 1.9 - 1st July 2018
- Pressing Control+F will now select the search text box.
Version 1.10 - 1st July 2018
- Reporter is now available as a column.
- You can now search for all issues for a reporter using the format "reporter:TheirName"
- A link is now available when an issue is selected which will show reports for that user. (Shortcut Alt+U)
Version 1.11 - 1st July 2018
- Added compression for loading the issue summary list to reduce network traffic relating to starting the application by about 65%.
Version 1.12 - 6th July 2018
- Pressing Control+C while the search text box is highlighted, but where there are no characters selected, will copy the URL for the highlighted issue to the clipboard.
- You can now apply filters based on version number from the Options -> Apply Version Filter menu.
- A "Remember Me" option is now available which will pre-fill the RSI Handle text box.
Version 1.13 - 15th September 2018
- Fixed issues where a broken issue council entry was causing the application to error.
Version 1.14 - 12th April 2019
- Workaround for a bug in Windows which can cause an error to occur after changing the width of a list column then performing a search query after scrolling down.
Version 1.15 - 15th December 2019
- Added workaround field.
- Fixed server-side issues connecting to the CIG Issue Council.
Copyright Nick Thompson (Mithious).
The server logs the following information each time a request is made to connect, load issues, etc:
- Summary of request
- Public RSI Handle you optionally entered when running the application
- Your IP address
This information is used to maintain the quality of the service and investigate & prevent misuse. It will not be transmitted to any third party unless required to prevent misuse of the service. All communication between client and server is securely encrypted (communication with this website is not encrypted, if you are concerned about the integrity of the download please contact me on Spectrum (Mithious) and I can provide a CRC for you to verify).
Under GDPR you are entitled to request a copy of any personal data held on you, along with data erasure. Because we do not support any form of authentication we are only able to comply with a data portability request if you are able to prove ownership of an IP address between two dates. We erase logs after approximately 6 months, if you want to erase logs newer than this contact us with the IP address you wish to have erased and we will consider your request.